Receding gums are relatively common. Aging and genetics can cause gum loss even if you practice good oral hygiene habits. Receding gums can be caused due to poor oral health. It is the process in which the margin of the gum tissue that surrounds the teeth wears away, or pulls back, exposing more of the tooth or the tooth’s root.
You can talk with your dentist about using natural remedies and traditional treatment to help stop or slow down the process.
Natural remedies for receding gums-
- Oil pulling- Oil pulling can be done with (sesame oil, coconut oil, Olive oil) for 15 to 20 minutes in a day, as it helps to pull bacteria from mouth and increasing saliva production also it helps moisturizing gums .
- Drinking green tea also helps it can help promote healthy teeth and gums and may actually ward off disease. Try drinking one to two cups of green tea daily.
- Using Aloe vera-injecting medicinal-grade aloe vera gel into inflamed gums helps in improvement of periodontal conditions.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to remove plaque and debris from your teeth and along the gum line twice a day.
- flossing one time per day is an essential part of taking care of your teeth and gums, helping remove debris between teeth that can contribute to plaque buildup.
By taking good care of your teeth, you can have a healthy smile forever.